Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Day

National Poetry Writing Month- Day 3 

Today's poem word prompts were:
 zone     restart       guide     optimum    adulterous     crass    taut        

Here's what I came up with.  


The Day 

The day began like any other,
having faith thought to be taut and true.
Positive projections, optimum reflections,
hope in the forefront of expectations.
To the rose colored glasses distorting my view,
disappointment delivers a vicious blow.
Assaulting my world; attacking my zone.
Life air expelling from my body. Betrayal
invading and burning though my veins.
Crass consequences, penalty of another.
Adulterous connotations occupy my mind.
My faith diminishes. My vision unclear.
Delusions, shattered lenses once more.
Challenging choices restart my existence.
Pain and uncertainty becomes my guide.
My future altered without my consent.
..........But the day began like any other.

No comments:

Post a Comment