Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

Memories

National Poetry Writing Month- Day 12
Today's poem was inspired by an article I read at http://www.musicandmemory.org 


Memories

What do I think? I can not tell
I try and try but always fail
Not things that I hold dear inside
Nor the things I wish to hide
So much to say, so much to share
Not knowing those who truly care
Searching for a familiar place
Frustration showing on my face
A date, a dance, a high school play
A kiss, a love, a wedding day
All now forgotten memories
Only revived by melodies
Music rejuvenates my soul
Briefly restoring it to whole
Recalling what was truly real
Cherishing how it made me feel
Comfort from a familiar friend
Praying the memories don’t end

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this one! I'm wondering if perhaps, some of this might be from actual experiences. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Todd. Yes, you are correct in your wondering, music often triggers memories for me. :)

      Delete