Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Mo

I find I waste a lot of valuable writing time, trying to decide what I should write.  Like most,  I have many story ideas I want to pursue.   So, one of two things usually happens.

1. When I have a new idea, I stop working on my current WIP and start the bright, shiny, new project. This has resulted in me having many partial projects going on at the same time. 

Or 2, like the article below states, I over think a story idea because I can't quite figure out how to wrap my head around it to get it started. So, I never let it emerge from my mind and take on life.

How about you? How do you decide which ideas to pursue?  What strategies do you use to see them through to fruition? 


Article by Peter McDermott Stop Thinking, Start Doing.

2 comments:

  1. A deadline (either real or self-imposed) makes one of my many projects a top priority for me. I search for contests to enter or look for magazine submission due dates for seasonal material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennie, Deadlines are great motivators for finishing a project! I need to set more self-imposed deadlines.

      Delete